Today I picked up a cool new Apple Bluetooth keyboard to navigate with my media center PC. It's small enough to easily fit into my coffee table drawers were it's out of the way when not in use, but I did have some difficulty getting it paired to my Kensington Bluetooth adapter. In order to get it working I performed the following steps:
- Fire up regedit
- Expand HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Widcomm\BtConfig\General
- Find and set the key 'PinCodeWord' to a decimal value of 1111
- Find and set the key 'UseFixedPin' to a decimal value of 1
- Attempt pairing. When you get to the greyed PIN screen type 1111 using wired keyboard.
- Press the Return key on the Apple keyboard. This ought to get up and running without any problems.